Meriden Adventure Playground
- They know the playground is a place of safety where their views and needs are the priority – they know that staff will make time for them, listen to them and treat them with respect.
- The playground is a place to obtain a healthy hot meal and drink – MAPA has a partnership with Fare Share that involves a weekly delivery of fresh fruit and vegetables and nutritious staples such as rice and pasta, and cooks almost daily on the open fire. Children also get involved in food preparation.
- Kids get plenty of physical exercise through climbing, running, jumping and swinging
- They can and do learn new skills, e.g. construction and tool use, cooking, bike repairs, including ‘soft’ skills such as empathy, communication and listening.
- They are supported to assess and take risks e.g. use fire responsibly, judge heights etc.
- They are encouraged to see other perspectives as well developing their own, to become responsible for their own behaviour and to look after themselves and They can be involved in the planning and design of play structures and play activities and events.
- We support young people to cope with the issues they face in their lives, such as knife crime, sexual health and relationships, gambling, bullying etc.